Twitter is one of those things that grows on you. I have always been a man of many words so the 140 word limit is a bit intimidating. Once you get the hang of it though, it helps compose your thoughts more efficiently.
Here are some of my old tweets for your reading pleasure.
- Love conquers it all, except a forgotten anniversary. It’s a battle you lose even before you begin fighting. :p
- I don’t like the way you
#Tweet me. Everyone has the right to be #Tweeted equally. :p
- Only powerful people have opinions that are heard. What we commoners say doesn’t even matter.
- After having two kids of my own, I finally understand why parents are more tolerant than ‘regular’ people. Baby vomit on shirt? No biggie!
- We’re afraid to miss (or be late for) a doctor’s appointment but we blatantly disregard Allah’s appointments (namaaz) everyday.
- You simply cannot ‘Like’ a death-in-the-family status.
- I’m running an average of 80 kms daily at approx. 76.5 kms/hr but still not losing any weight.
#TempleRun2 is no help whatsoever.
- Don’t get intimidated by the barbed wires life spins around you. Think how to break-free & shine like the light you were always meant to be.
- Watching your 6-month old son go to sleep in your arms is perhaps the best feeling in the world!
- Those in the lime light wish to run away from it all; the rest of us wish we were in their place. It’s a
- Had an annoying are-we-there-yet moment with my two-year old daughter; I was
#Shrek and she was #Donkey! 😉
- It would be really interesting to read what people ‘almost’ write as a status or a comment, then delete it just before posting! 😉
- Your five-month old rips a loud one in a room full of people and you know the it-was-him-not-me look isn’t working.
- An issue you won’t find being discussed between Pakistani friends: “Are you and your parents close?”
- It’s time to lose weight when the plastic armchair you’re sitting on gets stuck to you when you get up.
- If only we’d stop fighting for our rights and start giving others theirs, this world would be a much better place.
- Funny how things NEVER seem to turn out the way you want them to; life is still worth living!
- Politics has a way of sucking you in, whether you want to or not.
#HatePolitics #MashaAllah. The feeling I get when my almost-four-month-old son bestows me with a smile cannot be put into words. #Priceless
- Burning a bridge is easier than building/repairing one. Make sure you think twice before breaking ties/hearts.
#daughter comes up behind me, puts her arms around my neck, #kisses me thrice and asks, “Maza aaya?” (Did you enjoy it?). Masha Allah.
- It’s disrespect when your kids use your first name to talk to you, but not when it’s your 21-month old daughter. ‘Youtuf’ loves you sweetie.
- Sometimes, what we say is what we don’t mean; those are the times we break hearts. Don’t hesitate to
#Apologize if you think it’s worth it.
- The written word has a longer lifespan than you and I, so why not leave a lasting imprint?
- The joy in your daughter’s voice as she screams ‘Papa’ the moment you ring the door-bell;
- Seeing your 2-month old son look into your eyes and smile for the first time;
- There are two things that should NEVER be delayed: (1) doing a good deed, and (2) apologizing to someone you truly love/respect
- Whenever there’s a strange smell in the room, why does everyone automatically assume it’s the
- Stabbed in the heart while being robbed in my own home, trying to protect my wife. How very chivalrous of me?!
- Beauty Magazines: the more you read them, the more you realize how pathetic your un-photoshoped body/face is! 😀
- The purest form of
#love is what a parent has for his child; no conditions, no expectations, no strings attached!
#Pakistani is a Political Analyst with a potential for hosting a great #talkshow; if only profanity were allowed on Public Television!
- When a
#TV character does something bad and tries covering it up, you know it’ll bite him/her in the butt within the next 5-7 episodes!
- There are some
#questions in the world no one can answer; for everything else, there’s #Google! #Ramadan is not just about giving up food and drink for a prescribed amount of time; it’s about moderation, preservation and self-control.
Follow me on @YousufBawany for more insanity.
I am social-media inept! No Twitter, no FaceBook – just WordPress. I like #24.
Leading the simple life, eh? Good for you. 🙂
I can barely keep up with making WordPress posts!
I’m in the same boat as you. I have so many draft ideas yet so little time to post them. 🙂