Viv over at Viv’s View nominated me for the Liebster Blog Award sometime last year, but some pressing commitments prevented me from accepting this award until now. A big thank you to Viv for bestowing this honor upon me.
With accepting the award there are certain rules to be followed:
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Answer the following 11 questions
- Nominate 11 bloggers for the Liebster Blog Award and let them know they have been nominated
So without further ado, here are the answers to the questions:
1. The book that changed your life: A little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett
This book taught me to never stop dreaming, no matter how difficult life may seem; God always has something good in store for us.
2. Your favorite author/writer: Enid Blyton
Growing up, I read a lot of Enid’s books and they really helped me survive a lot of tough times. I still have The Adventures of the Wishing Chair at my bedside.
Some may call these books childish, but honestly, this is where true creativity lies.
3. Your pet and its name: N/A
I don’t have any pets
4. The craziest thing you have done: Walked into a girl’s bathroom on a dare
Thankfully, it was deserted.
5. Your best friend: My wife
She’s my heart, my soul, my everything.
6. A childhood prank: Blaming my brother for something I had done
Every time my brother and I remember these incidents (I choose not to reveal these here as they are REALLY embarrassing), I beg for his for forgiveness; he’ll probably consider forgiving me by the end of 2013.
7. Favourite musician: N/A
I don’t listen to music.
8. A place you would love to visit: Lima, Peru
Ever since I saw this beautiful photo of some ruins taken from a mountain-top, I have dreamed of going there. I love walking down paths that people long before me used to tread along.
9. If you had just 5 minutes left to live what is the one thing you would do?
Minute 1: I’d tell my family not to worry too much and keep living life to the fullest.
Minute 2: I’d give all my passwords to my wife and tell her to inform all my friends about me imminent death.
Minutes 3 and 4: I’d spend these minutes with my children and ask them to be brave.
Minutes 5: Ask Allah for repentance and a place in the heavens; I don’t want to rot in hell for eternity.
10. Favorite sport: Badminton
Even though I haven’t played this sport in ages, I’d love to take it up again someday soon; God knows I desperately need the exercise.
11. How do you define love?
In my experience with love, I have come to realize one thing;
Love has the tendency to get you into trouble; PERIOD.
And now, some people I’d like to nominate for this award. All the bloggers mentioned here are truly amazing people and this award is a meager token of appreciation for all their contributions to the blogosphere. I love you all.