RSS

Fearing Harmless Canines

14 Feb

DSC_5603

Walking along River Avon, I came across this beautiful dog. I asked the owners if I could take a few photos, to which they graciously agreed. As I bent down to take some pictures, the dog came running towards me. This was the last photo I took before nearly dropping my camera and hastily evading this magnificent creature.

I don’t know what causes this deep-seated fear of dogs. I recall an incident in 1996-97 when a dog (probably rabid) chased me for half-a-mile trying to catch up with me; I ran as fast as my legs could carry my fat, bulky frame, and breathed a sigh of relief only after stepping inside my school gate.

Everyone has fears that they need to overcome and this one is mine; let’s see if I get the courage to pat a dog on the head one day without assuming it would bite my head off almost instantaneously.

Enough said. Enjoy!

About these ads

9 Comments

Posted by on February 14, 2014 in Travel/Escapades, Wildlife and Nature

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

9 responses to “Fearing Harmless Canines

1. mikesteeden

February 14, 2014 at 1:40 pm

When you said you were walking along the River Avon I thought – given the weather of late – you were about to say you had drowned and were posting from the ‘other side!’ Great post by the way.

• ybawany

February 15, 2014 at 4:47 am

Hello Mike! I was visiting last October actually; perfect sunny weather ideal for a stroll along the Avon. You live there? It’s probably my most favorite of all the towns/cities I visited while there. Simply beautiful. :)

• mikesteeden

February 15, 2014 at 7:13 am

I know the area well although have never lived there. We spent many years in Dartmouth in Devon and now we are in Deal in Kent. In both towns one can squeeze history out of the air. Glad you didn’t get to drown obviously! Boy have we had some storms this winter.

• ybawany

February 15, 2014 at 8:02 am

I heard it on the news. Stay safe, my friend.

2. fauzia

February 14, 2014 at 1:46 pm

Remember Sukyi the very friendly spanial you met at my house? come over and you can pat her head.

• ybawany

February 15, 2014 at 4:44 am

That’s a very generous offer; thank you. She’s probably the best candidate for the pat as your daughter once said, “Sukyi is not really a dog; she’s a goat”. :D

3. ibbtisam

February 24, 2014 at 5:40 am

i also have similar fear, the difference is that i never want to pat a dog’s head. i would definitely want to overcome my fear but, not to touch or pat a dog, but to walk in my street fear free and holding my head high.

• ybawany

February 24, 2014 at 5:58 am

Glad someone can relate to my fears! ;)

• ibbtisam

February 24, 2014 at 6:58 am

Me too..as i read your post, i relived some of the horrific incidents of my life with dogs..:/